Friday, September 28, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

Image via Tom & Lorenzo
Jaime King In Jason Wu

I'm a little disappointed that Jaime King didn't have a reason to go to the Emmys because she would have been one of the best dressed in this amazing Jason Wu dress. Jaime wore this dress to the opening night performance of The L.A. Dance Project. I don't have a clue what that is, but it required a Jason Wu dress so I'm okay with it. This dress is from Wu's Resort 2013 collection and when I originally saw it I earmarked it for Emma Stone. Jaime does it more than justice, though. I like that she chose a Jason Wu heel as well - a platform sandal from his Spring 2012 collection. Perfection! (And this dress is still up for grabs for Emma ;)
Image via Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America
Anne Hathaway In Valentino Couture

Technically she wore this last week, but I need to discuss. This may be one of my favorite looks of all time. FOR REAL. I think this is the best Anne has ever looked and I am completely obsessed with it. It's from Valentino's Fall 2012 Couture collection, which just happens to be my favorite Valentino Couture collection in recent memory. It's floaty and sneakily sexy since the top is actually sheer. The high neckline goes perfectly with her cropped hair and her make up is flawless. Anne wore this to the New York City Ballet Fall Gala which included a performance in which the dancers wore costumes designed by the legendary Valentino Garavani. Mr. Valentino does not design his ready-to-wear or couture collections any more (that honor went to Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli a few years ago), so that's pretty special. What's also pretty special is that Mr. Valentino is designing Anne's wedding dress. If it looks anything like this she will be a stunning bride!

My Faves

I've been watching Nina Garcia on Project Runway since it debuted and I've always been a fan. I admire her minimalist chic style of dressing so it should come as no surprise that her home looks the same way. Architectural Digest recently featured Nina's Upper East Side NYC apartment in its pages. I honestly expected it to be a tad more modern, but it's very Nina. And of course there is a shot of her coveted closet!

Speaking of fashion editors, Refinery 29 has a fun gallery of illustrations done by Joana Avillez of the top editors (Anna Wintour, Carine Roitfeld, Grace Coddington, etc.) in the business today. The illustrations include all of their style quirks and some fun quotations. How fun would these be as art work? I'll look into that!

Aside from being one of the most stylish women in the world, Julianne Moore can also style the heck out of an apartment. And she did just that for her stylist, Leslie Fremar. Fremar's Tribeca apartment is featured in the October issue of Elle and I would like to live there. This also makes me want a chalkboard wall really bad!

Did you all know that Zara sells home goods in Europe? And that they'll be available for purchase at zarahome.com on October 9th? Now you know! I love Zara's clothes and accessories (even if their sizing is BS sometimes) and I look very much forward to checking out their home goods.

I think I buy a new pair of black heels for work every fall. It's a staple I can't live without. These Deena & Ozzy pumps from Urban Outfitters came on my radar yesterday and I will make them mine soon enough. I like that they're just a little bit different than your average black pump.

Lastly, do yourself a favor and buy the new album from Mumford & Sons. It's called Babel and I've had it on repeat since it came out on Tuesday. Who doesn't appreciate a good banjo?

Tomorrow I will be participating in one of the great fall traditions - Oktoberfest! Happy weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment