Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Life Happenings

Clockwise from top left: some sangria for Cinco de Mayo; my new favorite skirt; gorgeous Copley Square tulips; a ring from Laura Preshong that will be mine.
Anticipating...

Memorial Day weekend! I will be headed to sunny Buffalo. I really don't know if it will be sunny because it snowed there last weekend, but one can hope. My dad's 60th birthday is the occasion, which means I will be spending time at his camp in the wilderness. Not my first choice of destinations, but for Dad's b-day? Of course. My birthday is also included in there somewhere (blah) and I do have a nice little week off so hopefully the next few pass quickly.

Reading...

I just finished The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and it was amazing. It's the best book I've read in a long time. It's about two teenagers, each with a different kind of cancer, but it's so far from a doom and gloom cancer book. It's so smartly written, hilariously funny in parts, and totally realistic. I loved every character and I didn't want it to end. It's being made into a movie and I sincerely hope it's done justice! I just started my favorite soccer player, Wayne Rooney's autobiography this morning. He's trying to be a punk and transfer away from my team so I'm going to get inside his head and convince him otherwise. There's no way that will happen.

Relieved About...

I'm relieved that everything feels okay in Boston again. At least for me it does. I'm sure there are many others that it doesn't for and I'm still kind of at a little bit of a loss as to what to say about it. The events of Marathon Monday, the manhunt, and the following weeks are still surreal, but Boston is surviving and surviving well.

Watching...

Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown on CNN. I am a Bourdain obsessive. I'd probably follow him off a cliff. He's a spectacular writer, funny as hell, and as real as it gets. I loved No Reservations, his former show on the Travel Channel, and Parts Unknown has pretty much the same format, but I think Bourdain has a little more creative freedom with this one. It's a beautifully shot show and I love learning about places all over the world that I'll never get to go to. If you're into food, travel, and comedy, give it a try.

Working On...

I'm still working on making plans for my trip to San Francisco in June and I'm also working on planning other little summer trips. I'm heading up to Burlington, VT for Brewfest in July and my sister and I are going to take a long weekend trip to Portland, ME in August that I'm really excited about. It's pretty sad that I've lived here for over nine years and I've never been to either of those states. It's a bucket list summer!

Craving...

Beet hummus. All will become clear this weekend and/or next week! 

Listening To...

Man, I got nothing. I bought the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album, but I'm not crazy about it. I think I just need to give it more time. The new Vampire Weekend album is out this week and I will give that a listen at some point. I also need to get my hands on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I streamed it a few weeks ago and I really liked it. I will take any and all new music recommendations! I don't even have any concerts in the pipeline, which is very weird for me! 

Have a great rest of the month. I hope all of my allergy-sufferers-in-arms are toughing it out!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love white sangria for summer. The Fault in Our Stars is next on my Kindle - I'm glad you liked it and I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book. I hope you like it!

      Delete