Friday, October 19, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

Image via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images North America
Kristen Wiig In Calvin Klein
Kristen Wiig often finds herself on the worst dressed list at awards shows because she continually wears things devoid of color and, um, good taste. Her go-to color is beige and for a woman with such a personality it makes no sense. Hopefully this simple yet gorgeous Calvin Klein dress will mark a turning point for her. Wiig wore this to ELLE's 19th Annual Women In Hollywood event on Monday, which was sponsored in part by Calvin Klein. I'm even more delighted that she chose a green dress from Calvin Klein since Francisco Costa's designs are so often colorless. Her new hair color sets it off beautifully as well. Keep it up, Wiig.
Image via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images North America
Emma Stone In Valentino
I honestly can't remember if I've gushed over Emma Stone here before and I'm too lazy to check right now, but I love her. I really, really love her. And her stylist Petra Flannery because she has helped make Emma one of the best dressed women in Hollywood. At least in my humble opinion :) Emma wore this adorable hot pink Valentino Resort 2013 dress to the ELLE event. It's so sweet and lady-like, but the punch of hot pink makes it fresh. And the Salvatore Ferragamo houndstooth pumps are GENIUS. Black and white is always a neutral and they make this look so stylish and young. I think Emma's next big press tour will be for Gangster Squad and I'm already salivating over her wardrobe prospects!

My Faves

Designer collaborations with department stores are nothing new, but Narciso Rodriguez's first collection for Kohl's is. It's good, but I'm not as excited about it as I thought I'd be. I think I'm most disappointed that most of the dresses are so form fitting, which is not really in my favor. I am in love with these pants and this coat though.

I adore Man Repeller's look from the WSJ Magazine's Innovator Of The Year Awards last night. I will always be a fan of a suit with a plain white T, statement necklace and sexy shoes. Her suit is from Zara and her shoes are Proenza Schouler.

Speaking of sexy shoes, J.Crew made these for me I'm sure. Neon and neutral and snakeskin AND a toe cap?! SOLD. Unfortunately I will never be able to afford them and I'm sure they'll sell out before they go on sale. The hunt for a knock-off begins now.

In other designers in department stores news, the Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday collection lookbook has arrived. It's light on clothes, but there are lots of other goodies to be had. Namely this gorgeous Altuzarra bar set, Alice + Olivia luggage, and this Tracy Reese top. Okay so one was clothes :)

Getting to see the homes of wealthy, stylish people is one of my favorite things. So let's take a look at Tibi designer Amy Smilovic's Greenwich, CT home, shall we?

That's all. I lacked creativity and motivation this week so hopefully there will be a turnaround for next!


2 comments:

  1. Love Emma Stone's Valentino...and I always love me some Man Repeller!

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I love that dress on Emma Stone and those shoes. So cute. I feel like she can pull off anything. If J. Crew had those shoes in a ballet flat I'd like them. But I've been throwing out my catalogues without looking at them to avoid temptation...

    ReplyDelete