Friday, July 13, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

It's like my version of E!'s Fashion Police without Joan Rivers' amazing inappropriateness and the hilarious delayed laugh of George Katsiopoulos.

Jessica Biel in a Christian Dior dress & Nicholas Kirkwood for Roksanda Ilincic heels (Image via PacificCoastNews.com)

This is so good.So, so, so good. Biel wore this to the ESPY awards on Wednesday night. When you're a hot lady going to a mostly dude event I believe it is important to look like a hot lady. I think she's still styled by Estee Stanley, so well done her.

This dress was shown in the Resort 2013 collection as navy blue with a white stripe, but I like this version so much better. Your go-to LWD (little white dress) should be closet friends right next to your go-to LBD (little black dress). They can hang out and talk about their absence of color.

As much as I love the dress, the heels are my favorite part of this look. Neon is huge right now and this is a great way to wear it without having it slap you in the face. Roksanda Ilincic has been one of my favorite designers for a few seasons running now and these heels are just one of the reasons why. Her whole Spring 2012 collection was full of neon and it's super.

Miranda Kerr in a vintage (I think) dress & Hermes Silky City bag (Image via PacificCoastNews.com)

Miranda Kerr is a perfect human. She has an adorable chubby baby, dimples, and amazing style.

I appreciate celebrities' street or everyday style a little more because it's more likely that they came up with it themselves without the help of a stylist. I love stylists, but when you know a celeb's got it on their own it makes it a little better.

I think this is a vintage dress. I can't find it anywhere and neither can Courtney from my favorite celebrity fashion spotting site so we agreed to call it vintage until proven otherwise. 

This look is perfect. Mint is the color of the year and maxi dresses are always in style. The unique Hermes bag ain't so bad either. I heart her.








Here are my faves of the week:

This Mary Katrantzou skirt is amazing and I'd steal for it. Not really, but I still love it.

I need a new light pink/coral lip gloss for every day. I've never used NARS, but I want to try one. Giza looks about right.

I ordered this dress from Forever 21 today and I can't wait to get it. I'm all about el cheapo trendy summer dresses.

It's going to be hotter than H this weekend which means I'll keep the hot cooking to a minimum. I made a white peach and fresh mozzarella salad with my dinner last night and will probably be eating it several more times this weekend.

I have been obsessed with these Stuart Weitzman wedges since trying them on at Bloomingdale's a few weekends ago. They're still out of my price range everywhere, but if I ever see them drop below $100 I am all over them. 

I bought concert tickets to two of my favorite of-the-moment acts this week - Alabama Shakes and Ben Howard. I highly suggest you have a listen to both!

That's it! Have a super weekend and try not to get BO from sweating too much.

1 comment:

  1. I love to think my clothes talk to each other - actually I like to think of all my inanimate objects talk to each there when i'm not there :o)

    ReplyDelete