Friday, June 7, 2013

Spotlight: Zac Posen Resort 2014

In fashion there are four seasons: Pre-Fall, Fall, Resort (a/k/a Cruise, Pre-Spring), and Spring. The seasons we salivate over twice a year at fashion week are obviously Fall and Spring, but with more and more designers putting out "off" season collections, I feel like everyone is upping their game. Pre-Fall and Resort have been turning out some amazing collections lately! I will admit to not paying as much attention to them as I do to Spring and Fall. I look at collections until my eyes cross during fashion weeks, but from here on out I vow to give just as much attention to the middle seasons. And Zac Posen is partially to blame.

I have been a fan of Zac's for some time now and his recent stint filling in for Michael Kors on the last season on Project Runway furthered that. Am I the only on still watching Project Runway? Anyway, he was delightful - funny, realistic, and he gave really practical advice. Zac is a master at creating phenomenal red carpet gowns and they're always the showstoppers in his collections. His pieces are always feminine and floaty and I can't imagine any girl wouldn't want to wear one. Enough talking from me. Here are my favorites from Zac Posen's Resort 2014 collection:

Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Image via Style.com
Are you blown away? This is a stunning campaign. And if you don't know who the models are, please allow me to tell you. They would be none other than the legendary Pat Cleveland and her model daughter, Anna von Ravenstein. I'll let you guess who is who, but you may not believe me when I say that one of the women in these photos is about to turn 61 years old. Pat Cleveland was a supermodel before that term even existed. She was BFF with Halston, Yves Saint Laurent, and Warhol, and probably had her own booth at Studio 54. Basically my dream! Zac uses her quite often in his campaigns and why wouldn't he? She looks just as incredible now as she did back in her heyday.

I think that's one of the reasons why this campaign stands out to me. Not only are the clothes beautiful, but he allowed Pat and Anna to really be themselves instead of just acting as hangers. I'm sure they had a blast!

Head over to Style.com to see the other looks in Zac Posen's Resort 2014 collection and the many others that have been presented already. If you're a collections junkie like me, do you pay as much attention to Resort as the main seasons? Do you have a favorite collection from the newbies? I think Jason Wu's offering is also quite stunning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment