Friday, December 7, 2012

Hot Looks Of The Week & My Faves

Image via PacificCoastNews.com
Isla Fisher In Willow

Not only is Les Mis one of the most anticipated films of the holiday season, but its worldwide premieres have me chomping at the fashion bit. The London premiere was held on Wednesday night and while its two main female stars (Anne Hathaway in Givenchy Couture and Amanda Seyfried in Balenciaga) shone, there is something about Isla Fisher's Willow dress that I adore. Isla Fisher is not in Les Mis, but her husband Borat is. Yes, I know his real name, but it's more fun to call him Borat. I am a sucker for a tea length dress and I love that this became tea length by default because she's so teeny. It still works. The major cleavage could have been an issue but I think her hair being down helps off-set it a bit. She's stunning. And also very cold. Beauty is pain.

Image via Atlantic-Pacific
Blair Eadie In Michael Kors & Club Monaco

I'm surprised it took me this long to feature Blair, but I just couldn't resist this week. I LOVE this outfit. If you're not familiar with Blair Eadie, allow me to introduce her. She blogs at Atlantic-Pacific and I think she's one of the most stylish people I've ever seen. It would not be inaccurate to say that I'm obsessed a little. She's inspired me, and many others I'm sure, countless times and I think fashion is better off with her a part of it. This is just such a well-put-together look. The gold Michael Kors sweater is an unexpected pairing with the burgundy Club Monaco feather skirt, but they work so well! I never would have thought. And the neutral leopard heels get me every time. Flawless! 

My Faves

I am going to try to keep the Christmas shopping for myself at a minimum this year. I'm desperate to take a good vacation next year and I will be needing to upgrade my iPhone soon so most of the extremely generous holiday bonus that I am lucky to get every year will be socked away. I did, however, just buy this Furla bag on MEGA discount from Bluefly. It will be my schlep all my crap to work bag/carry on for a very, very long time!

I found this to be fascinating - What thirteen people wore on their interviews with Anna Wintour. I will never be getting an interview with Anna Wintour so thankfully I will never have to feel this panic. My wardrobe is full of Gap.

The best holiday windows of NYC according to Tibi designer Amy Smilovic. I think Barneys wins.

H&M is launching a new clothing donation program which is very intriguing. When it starts, you'll be able to bring any clothing that you wish to donate to H&M and be given 15% off one item in exchange. Not bad!

In cooking news, I baked my first round of holiday cookies last weekend that I will be sharing next week. And it's my own recipe! I've mentioned my love of soup many times, but I've never made a fish soup. If this one is half as good as it looks in the photos, it will become one of my favorites. I will report back on Sunday night.

Lastly, my newest manicure discovery is the Sally Hansen Salon Effects French tips. I. LOVE. THESE. I have tried a lot of different kinds of nail polish stickers (Sephora, Maybelline, etc.) and Sally Hansen's are the best. The French tips are a bit of a bitch to put on because they require a few different steps, but just be patient. I've had these on for almost a week and they still look great!

That's it. Happy weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued about this Blair person although she makes me feel wildly unfashionable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blair will make you feel inadequate in all ways. But she is awesome.

      Delete